Vijay Deverakonda says he will not work with debutant directors. Here's why

Vijay Deverakonda, in a recent interview, revealed that he will not work with debutant directors any more. Recently, he came to Chennai to promote his upcoming film, 'The Family Star'. Speaking to Indiaglitz, he explained the reason behind not collaborating with debutant directors any more. He said that the directors need to be at least one-film-old for him to consider. Vijay Deverakonda's statement regarding debutant directors has raised many eyebrows in the industry.

Vijay Deverakonda, Debutant Directors, Movie Updates
Vijay Deverakonda

He said, "I don't work with debutants now. They need to be at least one-film-old. It's a huge challenge to take up when you come straight on to the set. It's a lot of pressure to handle the budget and scale. When they do one film, they get used to it. All of us improve with each film. It gets you into the groove."

He further continued saying, "It's like a practice match - warming up. So, I need them all warmed up and be ready for me. Because when I come, I come all out. I need them to be fully ready to exploit me. So, I don't work with debutants. Even if they are one-film old, I see their music sense, edit sense and their visual storytelling. Their film doesn't need to be a hit. If they are one-film-old, and I like them, I'm game to work with them."

'Family Star' is a relationship drama helmed by director Parasuram Petla. This film marks the second collaboration of Vijay and Parasuram after the superhit film, 'Geetha Govindam'. The film will release in multiple languages on April 5.

Vijay Deverakonda will team up with Mrunal Thakur for the first time in this film. The movie also features Divyansha Kaushik and Ajay Ghosh in important roles. Composer Gopi Sundar, cinematographer KU Mohanan and editor Marthand K Venkatesh are part of the technical crew.

Comments